Saturday, October 2, 2010

in regards to the fantastical church music conference, but mostly the celestial symphony




Well I've now been home from the fantastical church music conference for about five hours. I've pondered, thought, played, prayed, laughed, and missed being there all the while. But it's not like that. You never get to stay. Not yet. Rest in the perfect place will come when the Kingdom work is done. I look forward to it with great anticipation. I can't wait!


This weekend I was introduced to new christian music that has changed worship for me. It's changed alot for me. It showed me creativity, and innovation, and passion, beauty beyond measure, and a sense of awe. If you haven't heard Gungor, your missing out big time. Those guys blessed me so much!! They were so good! So talented! The first time they played, it was the bridge to their song Beautiful Things. The guitar started out as a wailing... a crying almost. And as it swung and grew the drums and bass and cello started spin around it almost, this swinging motion of sound, and always the drums like thunder pounding louder and louder and louder! Anticipation grows as so much beauty is happening at once, and then...


We start to raise our hands. First the man in front of me, then me and then others. Because God is the spring of all beauty. The river from which it flows. And the music was so beautiful!! I can't describe to you how beautiful! And sometimes words get in the way. Sometimes we just need the music, swelling and crashing and crescendoing like waves. It was a heavenly experience. I want to make music like that. I love making music like that.


The second night of the conference Louie giglio spoke. I love Louie! I want to be his friend! Man! I want to have coffee with him. But anyway, he spoke, and the query of the whole conference was "why do we sing?". And he said that we sing because we live in God's universe, and ere go how can we not sing. And said how when you create something, it automatically praises you. Because you created it. If an artist makes a beautiful painting, it praises that artist. And then he started talking about how the whole universe sings praise to our Creator as well. And then he was saying how humans can only hear twenty-five thousand hertz of sound, and whales can hear one hundred and twenty thousand hertz. There is alot out there that we cant' hear. And then he showed us the picture at the top of this post. It's a pulsar thats around 200,000 lightyears away. A pulsar is a neutron spinning star. And then he showed us this audio(it's the 7th one from the top) http://http://www.astrosurf.com/luxorion/audiofiles-pulsar.htm . After hearing that sound, I feel like my words mean nothing. So all i have to say after that is, that is our God!! What a God we serve! We are part of the symphony that the universe is singing and playing! We are part of the celestial symphony that praises Him forever!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, to wish for the day where we think of nothing more than worship and the glorious God whose presence will no longer knock us dead with it's power... still processing through a ton of things with Stevie that y'all learned about last weekend. powerful, powerful stuff.. and AMAZING music!

    ReplyDelete